Saturday, April 12, 2014

Salzburg, a Musical City

Salzburg was my first solo Eurotrip. By purpose i chose it because its close distance to Munich (2 hrs by train), so convenience enough for beginner solo traveler like me.

I took morning train, and once i arrived in Salzburg central station, i went straight to Salzburg tourism center to buy Salzburg Card (i took 24 hrs Salzburg Card). Because i have so many place to visit in my list, so this card saved me some money. I bought a classical concert ticket too, there. I even amazed to myself for doing so.

After asked for some direction, i took bus going to Mozart Wohnhaus - Mozart family house which currently used as museum to show some Mozart partiturs, letter, music book, etc. My hotel was in Linzer Gasse, so i took a walk from the museum to hotel. After check in (of course room was not ready yet, it was 10am in the morning), and left my bag pack, i took a walk to Salzburg fortress. Well if you are into hiking, you can walk all the way up to the fortress. As for my case, i only walk up to Fenicular station and took the Fenicular to go to Fortress. All cost has been included in Salzburg card!

Salzburg fortress - kidnapped in snow :) 

Done for Fortress, next destination was Old City. Walked around, stopped in some interesting place including Mozart Birthplace, lunch in Cafe Mozart ala Sazburger (Nockerl and Salzburg soup), bought some souvenirs including the famous Mozartkugeln in Cafe Furst, and watched the concert in the evening. A busy yet interesting day. City was beautiful, food was nice, and concert was interesting. I also went to Mirabell garden, one of the place use to shot Sound of Music, and all those Sound of Music ost are just playing in my head. You really can see there how Salzburg is so proud of Mozart and emphasizes strong connection between city and the pianist.

I really loved the way they decorated the Store Sign. Even for McDonalds!

Not much i did on 2nd day, since my train will be at noon. I only went to some Cathedral and have another look on the city. Some souvenirs store are still open in Sunday, so the old town is not really empty. Actually, you can do day trip from Munich to Salzburg. But i just don't want to be so rush, so i split into 2 days. It was good overall, and i really felt the warmth of people there.



No comments: