Saturday, April 12, 2014

Brussels, the Real Laid Back City

I was in Brussels around two weeks ago. Just want to escape a little bit from Munich and enjoy the fresh air. I thought spend a weekend in Brussels would be nice, city which strongly related with chocolate, waffle, and ice cream. What a perfect place to just relax.

To be honest, the landscape is not so much different with Munich or other European city. But somehow, i felt people are there to enjoy the life, no one in a hurry. Everything is done in slow manner, including the restaurant service. Lucky i was not in rush either, otherwise my mood could be easily ruined there.Weather was nice when i was there. Lots people took their time sat outside the cafe (no extra charge - unlike in a neighborhood country) or laid back in grass in the park.

I spent almost the whole Saturday in Antwerps. I took a train (around 30 mins from Brussels Centraal) to go there. Initially just to have a look on the city (which i did not see much different with other city in Europe, just in smaller scale), but then end up shopping till broke. I just can't resist to stop in one store to another or buy things that impressed my eyes there. I arrived back in Brussels around 7pm, but sun was still there. Too late to look around, so then i decided to stop in Haagen Daz near Galleries Saint Hurbert, had two scope of ice cream, and sat outside the cafe just to enjoy nice weather. Most stores has closed by that time, except Chocolate store. So that was my next destination, while waiting for Dinner time.

Antwerps, even the city center is quiet


The next day is time to explore Brussels. I took hop on and off bus (ticket bought from Hotel), which went to almost major touristic place in Brussels (cathedral, Atomium, palace, Manekenn Piss, Figurine Museum, etc.). Stopped in some of the place, took some pictures, walked around, bought souvenirs (SMURF! Have a happy life...!!!!). I follow the city pace, relax, and slow.

How could i don't feel entertained by the city?

Unfortunately, i had to go back to Munich that night. So there goes my short runaway trip. If you are looking for a place to pause your busy life, Brussels in the weekend is just perfect :)


No comments: