Thursday, June 05, 2014

Crossroads

I used to be a decisive person, and i think i still am
I do not let people decide things for myself
Even though its a decision i might regret one day, as long as it is from me, i go with it
I do talk with other people, especially those who mean the world to me, but only to get their support. It won't change my believe though..
Yes, i might be quite stubborn in that sense

So i was in the crossroads lately
I have to decide what i want to do after my assignment here
Stay in the department where i already familiar with
Or do something new which could be riskier for my career, but actually thing that i really want to learn and do
I was brave at first
Whatever the risk, i take it. Whatever the challenge, i face it
But then people start calling me crazy to choose that option
They doubt i can survive there
Suggested me doing something else
So then i started shaking..
And running away
And chose the safest option i know
I put aside my dream for a while, the future that I've picture so well

Then there is this wise man
A person that his word and action inspires me always
Telling me his story
And say one thing, "There is no pattern in our life. You can not predict your future trend. Yes you can plan, you can make your best effort, but you will never know the outcome. We do what we can do now, and we tackle the future later. Stop thinking too much"
And another thing which felt like he slapped me,"If you afraid of taking the risk, then move away. I don't set up people for failing. How come you dream a success if you don't want to take the risk. Behind a great position, there is always a great risk"

So i wake up. Reflecting. What i want to do. What i want to learn. How i picture myself in the future. What job that makes me stay passionate.
So i decide to be honest to myself. I will do what i want to do. I dare to dream big, say it loud, go for it, and make it happen. I will just do as i normally do: my best.

Come what may. I am unstoppable.

Quoting my friend: You only need to choose the job. This is not about death or life. Just make up your mind and do what you think bring you closer to your dream. And if the thing does not work out, you always can choose again. Turning back, straight ahead, or take another turn.

And when the crossroad come again, i hope i already understand myself better...

No comments: